Sunday, August 31, 2014

A Stole for my friend, the Deacon

When a deacon friend,  saw the “Brooklyn” design, she asked me if I would do a stole for her with a “tree of life” on it. Deacons wear the same stoles as priests, but draped over to the side. I did one based on the tree in the “Brooklyn” design, then I saw this one, a Shaker design.It just seemed so lovely, so I drafted it out. I was up until about 3 A.M. in a fog of delight. So far, so good, but, as ever, the “proof is in the pudding” so I won’t know until I get the samples woven how it really is going to work. I am thinking about some other motifs to add to it. I am going to design a little cross for the part that goes behind the neck that is in the same style as the tree.I wonder if I will EVER exhaust the design possibilities of this technique? I guess the next step for me is to try FIVE colours and also blending. DEEP BREATH. AND I need to get the elift working on my 40-shaft loom!

No comments: