Sunday, August 25, 2013

Luddites rejoice...

Well, I have scratched a long-time itch and bought a foot-powered old treadle machine.  If we ever experience a total failure of the power-grid, I CAN STILL SEW!!!  The seller is going to put the belt on for me, and says it's in great working-condition.  It reminds me of the old Singer I grew up with, which had been converted to a motor.  I am no stranger to the old "bullet" bobbins.  Can't wait to play with it!




Plus, it's a beautiful piece of furniture.  I am thinking of parking it out in the studio.  I can't see anybody breaking in there trying to steal it, unlike my beloved little Featherweight.  I try to keep stuff out there that is either too weird for anybody to want to steal (like looms) or under $100 so it wouldn't be too hard to replace.


LOOK AT ALL THE ATTACHMENTS~


LOVELY DETAILING ON CABINET


AND THE USER MANUAL...this is such a great find!!!


2 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have never tried a treadle machine. I understand that getting the rhythm takes a little practice though.

Nancy C said...

well, I do some spinning, so, I imagine it must be very like that.
Nice to get a little exercise while you're sitting down (-;