Saturday, September 28, 2013

The "Luddite Special"

Well, thanks to Greg Bjelke for stopping by to help me unload the rather-heavy old sewing machine and get it set up in the weaving-shed.  If I can figure out how to get the bobbin working, it will be fun to use.   Pumping that treadle sure gives your legs and bum a great, aerobic workout!!!
Got to get some more scarves done.  I think it's time to thread up a few of the painted warps, although I'd like to do a super-long warp that I can make several on....hmmm, decisions, decisions...then, I want to do some yardage.  
In case I got behind on things, have bought an old "Wheeler and Wilson" treadle-operated machine off ebay.  It will "live" in the studio in place of one of my rather-valuable "Featheweight" machines.  I want to have the studio give any breaker-and-enterer a "WTF!!???" reaction and have nothing out there that is easy to steal except cheap, easily-replaceable items, like my really cheap printer, etc.  I have carefully-concealed the copper pipes leading to my on-demand hot water system.
Now to work my way through all the laundry that has piled up!  On a housekeeping note: time to start making up some bundles for Goodwill, the local library and EBAY!!!
Going to take some books and equipment to the "swap" at the next Fibre Guild.